About Catawiki International Online Auctions
The Online Auction House Catawiki started out in the Netherlands and expanded fast. It was the fastest growing company in Europe and nowadays operates worldwide with millions of auction lots each year. A lot of sellers see it as an eBay alternative to sell art, antiques and collectibles.
How Catawiki works for sellers
Collectors and others who would like to auction off lots on Catawiki create an account and can immediately start to upload photos and information about the lot they want to sell. All auctions lots are curated online by experts in the different categories and once the sellers’ account and auction lot is approved, the lot will be placed in the specified category. With over 14 million visitors each month and a good category system, there is often a lot of bidding action.
What to keep in mind as a Catawiki seller
– When your auction lot is sold, you have to send it to the buyer. It is just like a regular auction, sometimes an auction lot will not fetch the amount you are looking for. On the other hand, when there are more bidders they might try to outbid each other and the auction lot will sell for a high price. For items of higher value it is possible to put a reserve price on it, information about this can be found when you register as a seller and place your first auction lot.
– Because it is an online auction, buyers can’t touch and feel the item you are selling. To attract more buyers good photos are necessary, with all the details on it. Also a good description of the item is a must, like dimensions and background information.
– To create an account and put up lots for auction is free, you pay a commission fee for the sold objects.
What to keep in mind as a Catawiki buyer
– Creating a Catawiki account to start bidding is free, once you win an auction you are obliged to pay for it.
– Auction lots are checked by experts but even for them it is sometimes hard to see if the description matches the object. Always be careful what you buy, ask the seller for more information or photos and when you don’t trust something, don’t buy it!
– Interesting auction lots can be found in different categories, sometimes in one of the more general categories. Make sure to use the search function to look for all the things you are interested in.
– When you have the highest bid, you also pay a buyers commission.
– The sellers of the Catawiki auctions can be found worldwide and shipment might be expensive, especially for large and heavy items. Always look for the shipment costs to the place where you live. Sometimes it is not possible to ship an item, make sure you can go there to pick it up.
Contact details of Catawiki International Online Auctions
When there are current auction lots of Catawiki International Online Auctions you will see them over here. Look at the archive of the Catawiki Online Auctions for older lots.
No post found
Here are some of the highlights of lots that have been auctioned at Catawiki International Online Auctions.
Lot Catawiki Online: Livio Campanella (Murano) – Murrina Millefiori eggHeight: 7.5 cm x width: 5 cm, weight: 120 g Murano blown glass egg, handmade with Murrina Millefiori.The artwork was made
Lot Catawiki Online: GV Oggettistica Murano – AquariumSize: height 4.5 cm x width 4.5 cm; weight 125 grams.Aquarium made in Murano. Supplied with warranty certificate. The certificate is also your
Lot Lot in online auction: Omega – Speedmaster Gold – 18K Chronograph Full Calendar – M??czyzna – 1990-1999Omega Speedmaster Gold 18K Chronograph Full Calendar Moonphase GMTCase: original yellow gold
Lot Catawiki Online: Angelo Ballarin (F&M Ballarin) – Pezzato bottleheight 15 cm, width 9 cm, weight 120 gPezzato bottle made in Murano by master Angelo Ballarin.The item is signed A.
Lot Lot in online auction: Omega – Speedmaster Chronograph Tachymeter- Ref.3510-50 – Men – 2000-2010You are bidding for Omega Speedmaster Tachymeter Automatic Mens Chronograph Ref. 3510-50, which is one of
Lot Catawiki Online: Lorenzo Ferro (Ferro glassworks) – gold leaf duckGold leaf duck made in Murano by master Lorenzo Ferro. Unsigned. Supplied with warranty certificate. The certificate is also your
Lot Catawiki Online: Imperio Rossi (Murano) – Set of three cylindrical Fantasy vasesHeight: 17-18.5-19 cm x width: 8-8-8.5 cm; weight: 1400 g Trio of vases from the fantasy series made